So, I know I challenged you all in September to develop your PLN with social media. To make things simple we decided upon Google+ or Twitter. Well, I made a promise to use Twitter more to develop my PLN, specifically I did the #7dayPASDChallenge:
Now, the idea for this is to do it in seven consecutive days, but, well, school happened. Between Homecoming, my class through UWSSLEC and life in general I wasn't able to keep up with it consecutively, but I DID FINISH.
I picked up a few new followers, found a few others to follow and generally it made me reflect on my teaching.
In the future, when I do this again, I will make more of an effort to keep the days together and I'll try a time that isn't so hectic. Wait... I am in education, K-12, LMS, in my summary year, have a toddler, psht... that will never happen, AND I don't want it to. I liked that this activity made me stop, think and post. It allowed me to reflect on what has went well rather than focusing on that long, never-ending To Do list that I have on paper, online, and in my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment