Google + Reflection
I chose Google + for my PLN. Although I already had a Google + account, I had only joined because someone had invited me, and I had never done anything with it. So, I decided to take the challenge, and I started joining communities. I joined GEG Tri-State, Connected Classroom Workshop, Google Classroom Educators, and G Suite for Education. I also joined DIY and crafts, just for fun!
I posted a few questions in the Google Classroom Educators community, and I have gotten some answers, which have been very helpful. I am also learning some things through posts and videos that are coming up in my feed. For example, I found a great interactive video about Socrative in my G Suite Edu community.
For my search, I searched the term "Viewsonic" to see what would come up. I found many posts by Jason Webster, a Regional Business Manager at Viewsonic. I started following him, and I'm hoping some of his posts will help me, or that he'll at least be able to answer any questions I have.
My experience with Google + has been positive. I've really enjoyed reaching out to other educators and reading ideas that they have about using technology in their classrooms. It's a little bit addicting, like Pinterest, but for teachers.
Yes, I have also followed some ViewSonic groups. There isn't a lot out there, I am hoping that they are listening to us and will use this great tool!
ReplyDelete