Thursday, November 3, 2016

Twitter Reflection

I created a Twitter account for my PLN. I was hesitant about signing up because I felt like Twitter was just a bunch of "status updates" and "hashtags" (which I have never gotten into). I also thought it was all about following celebrities; I had no idea that educational gurus were also using Twitter!

I was amazed by the plethora of articles I came across. They truly made me reflect on my teaching practices in ways I had never done before. I searched for things in the education field right away, and one of my favorites that I have been following is edutopia. They post a variety of articles on a daily basis that range anywhere from building a positive classroom community to powerful classroom activities to why you shouldn't give zeros.

While I was not an active participant in the Twitter world (I still can't bring myself to use a hashtag), I found this resource so valuable, and I know I will continue to use it even after GIG. I was always a Pinterest person before, but I found Twitter to have so much more meaningful information/articles that go so much deeper into the educational world. I am very happy that I was introduced to Twitter!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! #TwitterWin! I like how it is shorter snippets and I love tweeting to companies when I find an "A-Ha!" moment.

    ReplyDelete