I chose to investigate Google+ for my PLN. I joined the following Google+ Communities: Connected Classrooms Workshop, GEG Tri-State MN, WI and IA, GoGuardian, Google Apps Educators, WI DPI Academic & Career Planning (ACP) and WI DPI Agriculture Education/FFA/WAAE. To start with I utilized them as resources to see what they had to offer. I read the posts and checked out some of the resources they posted. Then I posted a few questions on the WI DPI Ag Ed/FFA/WAAE community to see what types of responses I would get. The other agriculture teachers on the site were great at responding with answers and their own resources. I noticed the response was not as quick as the WI DPI Ag Ed/FFA/WAAE email listserve, but I feel that is partially because not as many teachers are utilizing the Google+ community yet.
With so many schools moving to Google, I think Google+ is a great way for educators from various locations to interact and share resources. The Connected Classroom Google+ has been interesting to observe as it connect so many different teachers from around the globe.
I hope to continue to use this resource and post more information as I go. I haven't responded to many posts yet, but want to increase that as well.
Yes, I think that some of the veteran teachers need a course on how to use this since many of the listservs have been discontinued. I am impressed that you still have a listserv!
ReplyDelete