I chose Twitter for my PLN. I was a little nervous about Twitter because I am not one to have a status on facebook or even upload anything (I know I need to!). I thought all twitter was putting a status on and having hashtags in it. I always would hear my sister talking about #hashtags and twitter so I thought I would give it a try.
After I was all done signing up for my twitter account, I looked at the challenge requirements. I was surprised to find so many educators out there that used twitter. It was exciting to see what they all had to say and all the resources that I found that kindergarten teachers had. It was almost like pinterest. The hashtags really helped with narrowing down the search. I like to wake up and look at my twitter account and read the inspirational quotes that teachers put on.
I am glad that I was introduced to Twitter because I would have not found all of those wonderful resources that kindergarten teachers have out there. It made me come out of my comfort zone and use a hashtag and post things. I don't know if I will be an active tweeter but I know that it is there if I need it. I will have to say I have used some hashtags. :)
Great job! #TwitterWin! I like how Twitter has short things that can keep you up to date. I often dread looking at emails because I rarely have the time to commit to reading a longer one!
ReplyDelete